From Jennifer Podemski, Hannah Moscovitch, and Jeremy Podeswa, the Crave and APTN Original Drama Series, LITTLE BIRD, Premieres May 26
- The six-part limited drama debuts on Friday, May 26 on Crave and APTN lumi –
- LITTLE BIRD recently took home the coveted Audience Award at the 2023 SERIES MANIA Festival –
- A special companion documentary, COMING HOME, premieres June 30 on Crave and APTN lumi–
April 17, 2023
Little Bird wins Audience Choice Award at Séries Mania in Lille, France!
From Co-Creator & Showrunner Jennifer Podemski who was not able to be in France in person:
– LITTLE BIRD stars Darla Contois, Ellyn Jade, Joshua Odjick, Michelle Thrush, Eric Schweig, and Lisa Edelstein –
– The series’ creative team includes Jennifer Podemski, Hannah Moscovitch, Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers, Zoe Hopkins, and Jeremy Podeswa –
– Fremantle are handling global distribution for the series –
– LITTLE BIRD is hailed by The Globe and Mail as one of “the most exciting television series coming in 2023” –
Fargo has rounded out the main cast of its upcoming fifth installment, with Joe Keery (Stranger Things, Free Guy), Lamorne Morris (New Girl, Barbershop: The Next Cut) and Richa Moorjani (Never Have I Ever) joining the previously announced Juno Temple, Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
By Nellie Andreeva
LITTLE BIRD is a premium, six-part limited dramatic series about an Indigenous woman on a journey to find her birth family and uncover the hidden truth of her past. Bezhig Little Bird was adopted into a Jewish family at the age of five, becoming Esther Rosenblum. Now in her 20s, Bezhig longs for the family she lost and is willing to sacrifice everything to find them. Her quest lands her in the Canadian prairies, worlds apart from everything she knows, where she begins to unravel the mystery behind her adoption, forcing her to question everything she believed to be true.
Congratulations to the "Tales from the Hood 3" costume team on their nomination recognizing achievements in Contemporary Costume Design in Film for the Universal project that filmed in Manitoba in 2019. CAFTCAD members are voting in the second round until the end of March and winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 1st. You can check out all the nominations here: https://www.thecaftcadawards.com/nominations
"Tales from the Hood 3" Costume Team:
Costume Designer: Heather Neale